The three-headed Chimera dwells in the keep of the Castle Stronghold as the castle's guardian. It has an acid-breathing snake head, a fire-breathing lion head, and a lightning-breathing eagle head. The Scimitar of Rasha (usually) cuts off the Lion's head, and makes this fight much easier. That or gets embedded it it's chest and takes off 1/3 the boss's health.
Each head possesses the same attack, but each use their own element in doing so.
- Elemental Bolt: A head launches a bolt of their chosen element.
- Elemental Breath: The head fires a breath weapon, which damages and causes knockdown, much like that of a Gargoyle.
- Triple Bolt: All three heads launch a simultaneous bolt.
- Triple Breath: All three heads breath at once.
The battle does not initiate until a hero has walked up the stairs. The Chimera's platform then descends to the level of the hero, then the battle initiates. If the hero has found the Scimitar, the weapon will activate and be thrown at the Chimera. Depending on the distance, it will either hit the Lion head, cutting it off, or(if you're standing right next to it) hit the chest removing 1/3 the boss's HP. When the Chimera is defeated, it will stand on its hind legs and then fall off the tower.
The easiest way (although not the cheapest) for a character with high magic stat was to buy a reflect shield or two and stand in the middle of the screen, roughly behind the center block's former location once it is destroyed.The Chimera's heads would fire their appropriate ball weapon, which would get reflected back to the heads, causing massive damage.
- In early GameCube versions of G:DL, the Scimitar of Rasha is completely useless, as it does not cut off the lion's head but simply floats in the air.
- Gargoyles are close relatives to the Chimera.